Saturday 3 April 2010

Passionate About Rugby and Proud

I love the world of Twitter. Through it I have come into contact with some fabulous characters from fellow Leicester supporters to newcoming neutrals to professional players. It's an incredible way of sharing a sport I love.

I first realised the value of Twitter in 2009 when David and I were on holiday in Majorca during the Heinekken Cup semi-finals. We managed to find a pub showing the Leinster match, but when it was time for the Cardiff v Leicester match, we were kicked out for a switchover to some obscure football match that actually emptied the pub.

All we could do was follow updates on the Internet back at our hotel. David checked the BBC live scores, and I followed on Twitter. I generally knew what happened before David did thanks to my fellow "Twits". It wasn't ideal but it was still very exciting. Not to mention it was probably warmer by the side of the pool in Alcudia than it was in Cardiff.

I tend to tweet a lot from the matches I attend, and my intention is to, first of all, share what's happening with anyone who is interested and, second, share my passion for my club.

Today I had the surreal experience of being told I am biased in my amateur commentating.

I make no apologies. I am a Leicester supporter and of course I'm biased! I could be no other way, and I have yet to find another supporter of any club who tweets without bias. And that's the thing I love about Twitter. I would never trade the banter that generates for all the Leicester fans on the Internet. All I can say is that there is an option to unfollow me if my tweets are biased and boring. The joy of Twitter is to put my opinion out there, and I will always respect the opinions of others even if I disagree with them.


-- Post From My iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment